twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Spring Deer Scouting

One of my favorite times to be scouting is February to April. It's a great time to get in the woods, and start to figure out how and where the big ones avoided me. The deer trails are easily seen, because all the undergrowth is practically dead. You also can find some sheds while walking the trails. You can start making mental notes of where you find sheds, as well as rubs and scrapes. I've located a few spots that I plan on having treestands at this coming year. So here's a list of things you can do to prepare for next season!

1) Walk game trails to find out where they're traveling
2) Look for sheds,rubs, scrapes
3) Find new stand locations, and go ahead and trim some shooting lanes
4) Put mineral blocks out, I usually start around first of April for mineral blocks


White-tailed deerImage via Wikipedia


First Shed Antler of 2007Image by Crowhand via Flickr

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment